The e-way (electronic way) bill system under GST (Goods and Services Tax) for inter-state movement of goods rolled out on Sunday. E-way bill is a document required to be carried by a person in charge of the conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding Rs.50,000 as mandated by the government in terms of Section 68 of GST Act, mentioned a circular released by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). E-way bill can be generated from ewaybillgst.gov.in portal by the registered persons or transporters who cause movement of goods of consignment, said CBIC.
Steps to register on e-way bill portal (transporters already registered in GST portal):
1. All the registered persons under GST need to register on the portal of e-way bill again by using the GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number)
2. Users can go to e-way bill portal and click on registration
5. After the authentication, the system enables the user to generate his/her username and password for the e-way bill system
6. After generation of username and password of his/her choice, he/she may proceed to make entries to generate e-way bill
Steps to register on e-way bill portal (transporters not registered in GST portal):
1. Unregistered transports can go to e-way bill portal and click on registration
2. Now, click on ‘Enrolment for Transporters’
3. Fill the form and submit
4. The e-way bill portal will generate Transporter ID, along with your user credentials. This Transporter ID can be given to clients
Source by ndtv..